Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

The next step

Cheerleading is finally done and dusted for this year :( Sad times :( I’d say it’s the end of an era, but I’ll be back next year anyway so I’m not too devastated :) I just need to work on improving my fitness and flexibility over the summer!

Ooh, in addition to Cheer next year, I’m really keen to try American Football! I know I’m only 4’11.5”, but it seems like a lot of fun! I’m going to go and try out the first few sessions (if they don’t clash with Cheer) and see how I get on; if I get toooo battered and bruised then I’ll stick to Cheerleading ^^ As I won’t be working for the university by then I won’t have my university blog to keep you all updated, but I may well start up a personal blog, just to keep you posted :)

So, I suppose now it’s all finally over I need to start working out what to do with my life. I have decided to try and plan the next three years just to get me started, and what I’ve got in store is really exciting!! First thing’s first: I NEED to get a job at the end of September. I’m moving back into my parents’ house tomorrow so I won’t have any rent or big bills to pay, but I’m a lady of leisure who likes to eat out (see my previous blog!) and spend ridiculous amounts on shoes and clothes! Okay, so in addition to getting a job I’m going to need to learn to seriously curb my spending habits – I need to save save SAAAVE! In a couple of years I’m looking to go travelling, so I’ll need money for that…here’s where I’d love to go:
Australia (9 months – I’d love to work there)

  • New Zealand (2 months)
  • Fiji (1 month)
  • Latin America (1 year – literally start at the bottom in Chile and work my way up through every single country until I end up in Mexico)
  • America (3 months – ROADDD TRIPPPP)
  • Canada (9 months – I’d love to work there as well!)


As you can see, this is going to take a lot of time to plan and money to execute, but I know it will all be worth it in the end (if I actually go ahead with it)! In order to prepare I’ve been looking into CELTA courses (CELTA is an internationally recognised “Teaching English as a Foreign Language” qualification) and would also like to learn some languages. I did French and Russian at school, and would love to get back into them! Additionally I’d like to learn Spanish and Portuguese. So now you see why I need a job, eh?

Life after university doesn’t seem SO scary now I have a rough plan, but it’s still a bit daunting! What if something comes up? What if I invest time and money in a course and then change my mind? What if, what if, what if? Owwhhh okay maybe I am still scared :( Damn!

Right, well I’m off to stew in my own panicked thoughts now lol, so I shall have to say au revoir until next time – hopefully next fortnight’s blog will be better, full of fun and happy thoughts ^^

Take care, possums! Baiiiiii ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment