Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Mermaid Christmas Social

Привет, friends! (“Привет” is Russian for “Hello”, fyi) :)
Soooo 14/12/12 was the night of the Mermaids’ Christmas Social!! And the theme? FAIRIES!! :D
Think wings, tutus and wands!! And *glitterrrrrrr*Please see pretty pictures below :D




A few days later was the Mermaids’ Christmas Meal!! But not many pictures have been uploaded yet, so I shall have to post some for you later! :)
Right, now all the fun and games are over, it’s back to coursework! I’m really looking forward to breaking up for Christmas this week :) I’ve just submitted my 2,000 word Strategic Management report and my Ethics Form for my Dissertation…now I’m on a mission to complete my 1,500 word Psychology report and  3,000 word Dissertation Literature Review by this Friday! Eeeeek ><
Ooh, I don’t know if you know, but I am a TOTAL grammar Nazi! I know that in my blogs I always use punctuation marks to make faces and I often add extra letters to words for emphasis (Hiiiiiiiiii, for example :P) BUT, in essays, formal conversation and LIFE, I think grammar, spelling and punctuation are SO important!! Nothing gets me more riled up than seeing “Christmas wreath’s for sale” written outside my local florist -.- It frustrates me so much because it’s so simple! Okay, so fully understanding the differences between a hyphen, en dash and em dash may not be of paramount importance, but the difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” should have been learnt in primary school! OOF!! Little gets me more fuming than poor grammar!! ANYWAY, I am going somewhere with this rant, I promise – the other day whilst browsing online, I stumbled across this wonderful website:
I LOVE IT! It explains everything the average person ought to know about the grammar of the English language, and you can even buy it in book form!! Christmas is coming, so if any of you lovely people would like to buy me the book I’d be most grateful :D
Speaking of Christmas again, I am very excited! I promise to take as many photos as I can for my next blog :) There will be lots of photos of food, and as usual, I know I’m going to overindulge; food is my life!! In the New Year I plan on joining the University of Greenwich’s climbing society and going swimming one evening a week!! The weight I’ve gained since summer is not seriousssss!! Still, it is winter…HA!
Ooh, so far in my blogs I’ve mentioned a number of the University’s sports clubs and societies; full lists of what the university offers can be found here:
Hopefully all of my photos updates and links will keep you going until January, but if not, here’s a website I often visit to kill time (as if I have nothing better to do! Ahaaaaa!)  :
Until the New Year, chickens…
Пока! (<<That means “bye!”)

No comments:

Post a Comment